<VV> 1969 red Corvair Monza sets record- traveled only 4 miles in one day!

Paul Miller plmiller7 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 10:46:26 EDT 2014

After trekking over 2500 miles to get here from Pennsylvania the Monza set
something of a record on this trip by going only about 4 miles - from the
hotel to the Concours d'elegance judging field at the LeMay Museum held in
a beautifully maintained grassy field yesterday.  If you couldn't make it,
there were something exceptionally well presented & preserved vehicles on
display- both by Corvair owners as well as Corvairs set up within the
museum.  Additionally, the LeMay had a very strong display of the Corvair's
nemesis- the all conquering Ford Mustang- you may not like'em but you have
to admit they were pretty & sold extremely well for Ford.
So as to my record of 4 miles- my goal today is to relax & let it rain-
which it is currently doing & will the rest of the day. Hope all can attend
these annual events- great way to dig into the Corvair ethos.