<VV> 64 convertible back seat removal?

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 25 01:22:29 EDT 2014

This is a '65 with the rear seat out.  I would think that the hook system is
similar - you should see three in the picture.

I know that the '64 has is different from '64 of attachment for the boot in
that the '65 has a rail across the back of the rear seat for sliding in a
rubber piece which is attached to the boot.  I think that a '64 boot
attaches by means of snaps behind the rear seat - but I don't know what
those snaps are attached to.

Anyway, the hooks that hold the seat back in place are probably the same or
very similar between the two years.  If you look closely at the picture, you
will see that there are three of them.  Maybe on a '64 you have to first
remove whatever holds the boot in place?  I don't know.  But, once the seat
bottom has been removed, it just becomes a matter of lifting the seat
cushion and pulling the bottom of it toward you.  It might take 2 or 3 tries
as you figure out where it is catching on the hooks and adjust your
lift-pull to fit the situation.

Picture of '65 below:  See the URL "attachment"

Later, JR