<VV> Gas

Eric Lucas ericlucas at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 25 14:57:38 EDT 2014

Ralph,

I looked this up previously and have pasted my original post here. I believe you can buy Toluene in the appropriate amounts and use that as an economical octane booster. There are some other possibilities if you do some searching as this seems to be an issue for many classic car enthusiasts.

It would be interesting to know the results if anyone has tried this.

Eric in Indiana

I did a quick search. You might find these helpful. The 'brew your own" seemed like a reasonable option. I am pretty sure you can still buy Toluene in large amounts but I haven't checked it out. There were a couple of places on line that showed it in 5 gallon cans for $60-70 range.

Eric in Indiana

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/misc/octanebooster.html

http://members.rennlist.com/951_racerx/OctaneBoosterComparison.html

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18352