<VV> Flow Thru Rockers

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Thu Jul 31 10:39:54 EDT 2014

When we went to paint my '69, I found packed sand/dirt in the far rear
areas, so I did the following:
(a)  drilled a 1" hole in vertical rear area of front wheel wells to  allow
hosing out.  I will cap-plug those.
(b)  also drilled 3/4" holes up under the bottom - about 2" from both
front & rear ends of rocker areas.  This will allow an "L" shaped wire  or tool
to dislodge any crud that may get packed in either end.  I'll also  put
cap-plugs in those.  Actually, it's been awhile since I did this, and I  can't
remember if those holes were factory issue or not.  All holes well
primed/painted, as water will collect around plastic cap-plugs.

This car came out of Pennsylvania and had some mostly wheel wells rust, but
 zero rust in the rocker panels.  I spray Rustoleum'd the heck out of both
ends.  With the rear rectangular "flaps", I now have 4 access points on
each side for cleaning.

Also, we slightly opened up the drain holes at each lower side of the
windshield and heavily treated those with anti-rust primer & paint.

Joe Dunlap
Florida