<VV> 6Puck Ceramic Clutch disk Adjustment

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Jul 31 15:01:56 EDT 2014

Hi Hank,

A can assure you the trans will go into gear with the engine off if the disk is in backwards, just as you can if the cable breaks.  Basically a backwards disk just means the clutch won't disengage, but in my experience (yes, I've put one in the wrong way) it won't release at all and won't go into gear with the engine running, no way, no how.

I think I would examine the clutch cover, and also compare the thickness of the disk to a stocker.  You might dig through the archives, I recall some comments that a combination of flywheel/clutch machining with a thick disk will cause all sorts of issues.

http://www.vv.corvair.org/archive.htm

--Bryan