<VV> octane booster?

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Tue Jun 3 21:19:13 EDT 2014

For some reason my '63 convertible is more prone to pinging than my '63 Monza coupe although both have a 102.  The coupe runs fine on regular but I always used to put that highest octane Sunoco (93?) gasoline in the convertible and then it wouldn't ping.  I can't find it at the closest Sunoco now that I've moved.  That and the fact that I'm becoming more and more concerned about ethanol prompted me to fill up with ethanol-free regular.  The only source for ethanol-free gasoline here only sells it in regular grade.  Anyway, now my engine is pinging going up hills.  Should I use an octane boost additive from the local auto parts store?  Is there one that anyone recommends?

Thanks!

~Bill Stanley