<VV> PG Install Question : Which order to install TC?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Jun 3 23:49:14 EDT 2014

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have never attempted to install the torque converter that
way. Too many things to go wrong.

The splines have to fit exactly into the torque converter. The flex
plate to torque converter has some slop due to the nuts that are held in
place, but not firmly. SO, put the exact stuff together first, then the
sloppy stuff goes together last. Once these bolts are drawn up, the slop
will be gone and everything will be centered automatically.

Clean and lube the tit on the torque converter so it slides easily in
and out of the crank.

Of course I know this because I tried it this way when I just R&Ied and
engine once. Fought that thing worse than a manual input shaft! ggg

Frank DuVal