<VV> PG Install Question : Which order to install TC?

Bill & Chris Strickland lechevrier at q.com
Thu Jun 5 11:52:45 EDT 2014

I know this isn't quite timely, but I've been "blocked" for a day or two --

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I've always installed
convertors with the trans in the vertical position -- even on the many
non-Corvairs I've done this with -- yes, I realize this generally means
having the trans out of the car, but for most of the world, installing
the convertor onto the trans means you've done something with the trans,
and it is out of the car to start with.

Really wouldn't want to try this in the horizontal position, and after
you've tried this once, you probably will not remove the convertor with
it attached to the engine again.

mo, Godspeed!

Bill Strickland