<VV> 140 PG swap complete - PG fluid level theory?

Bill Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Mon Jun 9 14:57:13 EDT 2014

Well, both are true.   The level drops somewhat when the transmission is pumping, BUT the fluid also expands when hot.  This is why the operator's manual tells you to check the ATF level with the "transmission at operating temperature".

I know you CAN blow out seals if the transmission is overfilled, especially on older transmissions with worn seals.  The owners manual makes a big point of saying: DO NOT OVERFILL.

Bill