<VV> 140 PG swap complete - PG fluid level theory?

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Jun 9 15:36:59 EDT 2014

I would like to know what seal could have more pressure on it due to an
overfilled condition. Just due to gravity, the pressure could not be more
than a few psi difference.

The owners manual stresses not to overfill for the reason I listed -
foaming. It makes a mess, plus foam does not pump well.

I was only explaining the need to check the fluid level with the engine
running, not the extra part of needing hot fluid. Most all the other fluids
on the car are checked with the engine off, even if the fluid should be
warm first. And one should have some fluid in the Powerglide before running
it for the first time. Do not start it dry. Running vs not running is an
inch or better on the dipstick. Cold vs hot is only  a fraction of an inch.
(Note to nitpickers, .99" is still a fraction of an inch!)

Frank DuVal

Original email: