<VV> California (Florida) DMV

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 17:57:08 EDT 2014

A few months ago, my 90 yr. old mother - who lives 18 mins. from me, had
her drivers license expire. She has a Fla. drivers license as she has been
here about 7 yrs.  DMV wanted a copy of her birth certificate.  We  checked
with Mississippi and they had no record (1923).  She was born on a  cotton
farm or some desolate edge-of-the-planet "delta" backwater.  We  couldn't get
DMV to accept that.  We didn't know what else to do, when out  of nowhere,
she got a new license in the mail with a 5 ( F I V E) year  extension.  Don't
ask, because I can't answer this one.......

I always drive when we go somewhere but I made her do the driving  about a
year ago and she actually drives her big-ass '99 Mercury Marquis pretty
well except for one thing.   She tailgates everyone and runs up behind  people
before she hits the brakes.  I guess they will take her license when  she
creams one of the 1,000+ Priuses we have here in our 100,000+ resident
retirement community (The Villages).

Incidentally, I have a decal on the back of my F150.  It's a round  circle
with the word Prius - and a red slashmark through it.  I found it on  Ebay.
Those b_ _ _ _ _ ds are always crawling along in my way.

Joe Dunlap
Central Florida
Pouring rain here every afternoon