<VV> 140 PG driveline swap complete ~ video

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Jun 20 11:17:36 EDT 2014

On Jun 20, 2014, at 12:08 AM, Charlie via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

> Here is the video of the current state of this particular "art" :
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUECMR1aQD8
> (NOTE: The initial noise is not the Monza, but the house's AC unit nearby)

Congrats!  You're making good progress!  It'll be fine for a little driving around without the shrouds, stay away from bumper to bumper traffic where the car can just sit in its own hot air.

> Also, I may sell the "gold" interior panels that are on the car now, since
> they would probably go nicely on a more "luxurious" version of what someone
> else who's restoring a "golden" car?
>
> The door panel and rear "kick" panels are nearly perfect as are the "gold"
> sun visors, although the seats are pretty torn up.
>
> Take a look at the video and let me know how much work I'd have to do to
> restore the interior, if I don't sell the "gold" parts and replace it with
> something easier to find, or maybe customize an new interior?

I would keep the panels until you have, in your hands, something to replace them.  Clark's repros the seat covers in all the colors, I don't see any particular one as "easier to find" than another.  As for used stuff, there just aren't many really nice pairs of seats out there any more.

--Bryan