<VV> Noisy Valves

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Wed Jun 25 11:20:34 EDT 2014

The "deep dimple" lifters came from "The Source" in 2007. I do not know the brand. The other thing I forgot to mention was that the heads have after market high performance valve springs.I assume this means the springs have a higher rate.Could this cause the lifters to collapse a bit more than normal and not return to zero lash before the next lifting cycle? The engine runs great but the tapping is annoying.
The tapping stops when I adjust while running, but after a few seconds it returns. Unfortunately, it is several valves.
Thank you,
 Jim Cuneo

 Now that sounds like worn valve guides.....and yes the performance springs are stiffer..not softer

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages