<VV> Noisy lifters

Mike McCrae mmccrae6 at cox.net
Wed Jun 25 14:00:11 EDT 2014

Not a cure here, but I too had the same problem with a 3.1 I built for a
customer. I used the deep dimple lifters with custom length pushrods
roller rockers and a Crower high lift cam. The noise was horrible...as if I
had no oil pressure, even though the the gauge was on 90 lbs (had to re shim
the high volume pump and change springs).
I replaced the lifters with Clark's best...with absolutely no change. I was
going to change to solid lifters after this as a diagnostic tool, but the
customer took the car and said he was happy as is.
My only thought was the camshaft ramp....but I'll never know now...!

Mike McCrae