<VV> help (A/C Vent)

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Thu Jun 26 09:32:52 EDT 2014

Nick:
> I have done a little research on the Late Model A/C center dash vent. The chrome one above the radio. It appears to me that it is no longer available and is not being reproduced. I was thinking, since mine is sun baked and dried out and it is in very bad shape, it would not be a good candidate for repair.
Depending on your budget, and desire to make it look stock, there are a
few options:

 1. This piece is fairly readily available from vendors like The Corvair
    Ranch, California Corvairs, etc. What arrives however, may or may
    not be much better than what you have.

 2. There are services out there that will "rechrome" the plastic.  I'm
    not aware of the costs.

 3. There are also home rechroming options (e.g.,
    http://www.7litre.org/plasticchrome.html)

HTH.

Steven "will be doing something similar, just not yet" Serenska