<VV> EM excessive positive camber

RAMBLERPAT at aol.com RAMBLERPAT at aol.com
Fri Jun 27 02:54:12 EDT 2014

VV,
I have an EM  (1964) and it has excessive positive camber in the rear
wheels. I have  found confusing and unclear information as to the cause. My
Spyder  Coupe is all original top to bottom as far as can tell with the exception
 of an older repaint. One of the trans mounts appears to be splitting  and
the other just looks old. The Engine seems to be tilted towards the side
with the splitting trans mount. The rear engine mount looks newer, the rubber
is  soft. The suspension is in otherwise good condition. New shocks and the
springs appear adequate.
Now, what could  be happening here? And how do I fix? Also, if the problem
is the trans  mounts how do I access the top of the bolts? Can I replace the
trans  mounts without removing the entire power train?
Regards,
Patrick