<VV> EM excessive positive camber

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 11:58:29 EDT 2014

Patrick, the problem may go further than you think if the cross member
cushions (see Clark's catalog page 161) have never been changed. I had the
same issue with my 62 coupe. I replaced both the trans mounts and engine
mount and while it helped the engine tilt that didn't go away until I did a
restoration of the rear suspension with all new a arm bushings, and cross
member cushions/mounts.

While I did do this without removing the engine assy, it only takes an hour
and a half to take it out and get it out of the way. I got a motorcycle
lift from HF and secured the engine balanced on that, then took out the
cross member. It slips right past the transmission.

Contact me off line if you need more info on how to do this. Its not too
difficult to do. I had the cross member on the floor in about three hours,
but took the brakes, springs, and a arms apart as I went first. You can
lower the whole assembly as one instead if all you are going to do is the
mounts/cushions.

Mark Durham Hauser Idaho
62 2Door Coupe 4speed Red/Red