<VV> CONVENTION AND MEMBERSHIP

James Weppelman jweppel at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 1 10:18:48 EST 2014

Yinz guys,
I,ll provide my information at the end of this message,so some people who feel the need to know of someone can have there day. I figure there will be one of 2 things to this.I"ll either get bombarded off line, or very little response on line.
I  got interested in corvairs especially earlies, by chance. There was a 63 spyder convert, sitting in the weeds at my new job,just rusting away,picked it up for $300,and now i,m hooked.I just bought a wagon also.I have a 80 z28 hot rod that i showed many a times and it aint no slouch on speed either(nitrous,de-stroke,etc) It seems that a lot of comments and feedback from people are of the typical I know it all, or my way only. Also a little bit of age is creeping in.Thou i understand that the majority of people in this hobby are probably older, that's where yinz guys are going to loose the next line of people enjoying corvairs.It doesn't matter to whomever is asking a question(unless its specific)that the only way to do it is original,or you need to be a member,or have fifty cars, or worked at GM, or own a corvair shop,parts store(its a lot of love but i"m sure there making money at it also)
its the variety of people and cars that should make us,young,old,original,rat,junk,dreams,reality.Membership is only a privilege if you use it, and with today's information highways,web sites,magazines,email, etc. you really don't have to be a member to find out much info,just look at u-tube for example.
My first communique i recieved,had i comment from pres. Paul Sergeant and i couldnt agree more"We older folks tend to get comfortable in the way we do things.I am all for mixing it up once in a while."If membership means we lock up ourselves and our cars,behind closed doors,just cause others are not a "member" than shurly this hobby will die. Yes, be a member if you can.And if not ,then rest of us,including me need to lighten up.Rant over, fingers tired.
jim weppelman :}
pittsburgh
52 years old,commercial tire sales
member since kalamazoo convention where i signed up,and was alowed to see the cars and sights.
1963 rag,syder project
1961 wagon in transit