<VV> Happy Birthday Ralph

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Sat Mar 1 11:57:32 EST 2014

Smitty says;  Trey I read your post several times trying to understand if
you were writing tongue in cheek, or speaking second person for Nader, or
really meant what you wrote.  I recognize how the nuance of wording can
sometimes be misleading.  BUT  Any Corvair lover that believes the Early
models doomed the entire fleet needs to dig deeper into the history of the
perceived safety of the Early models, the ultimate resolution of the
charges, and the general economics involved in the demise of the Late
models.
In my opinion Ralph was nothing more than a lawyer who hired a bunch of
people to find what he wanted to find whether it was totally true or not,
and then took it to court.  By doing so he changed tort law to make somebody
else responsible for all we do to ourselves, much to the satisfaction of
money grubbers.
Yes it is cold outside and I am staying in as much as possible too.

saw no posting of our poster boy ralph nader. i see yesterday was his 80th
birthday. congratulations, many dont live that long,probably me included.
but any way. ralph in my opinion is a great american on many levels. yes he
wrote about our beloved corvair and pointed out some of its flaws, but what
new radical automobile doesnt. seemed the 65 and on corvairs were wonderful
cars and too bad the early models doomed the entire fleet. i have owned 3
vairs myself ?a 64 monza 110 4 speed ...a 64 turbo spyder 150 4 speed and my
current 1960 700 hardtop coupe w/ 1966 olds toronado 425 drivetrain. ?the 64
monza was my favorite ?original, fast and really a neat car. happy birthday
ralph wherever you are and thanks for writing about our car.. the mustang
and the camaro probably killed the corvair more than unsafe at any speed,
most any car is safe at low speeds but at high speeds hardly any are ? trey
bosson ?wellsville ny