<VV> CORSA and Nader, footnote

Thompson, Ed (MKE x1231) ed.thompson at quarles.com
Sat Mar 1 15:19:30 EST 2014

Newer CORSA and VV members may not be aware, or had forgotten, that Ralph Nader was the guest of CORSA at the 1991 Convention in suburban DC, Silver Spring MD, I believe.  He addressed us in a packed, large hotel room on Saturday afternoon, before the banquet, it was captured by a couple of TV outlets at the time.  After he spoke and signed autographs for many, he took a tour of the Vairs in the parking lots, sitting and posing in an early, dark convertible, see the cover of the September '91 Communique; he did not ride or drive in a Vair, but he told us he did have a (Virginia) drivers license.  I was one of three Milwaukee Club members who went to a Nader event here, in September of 1990, we were the catalysts in getting Ralph to come talk to the CORSA faithful the following July.

Ed
Milwaukee
'66 Monza sedan, 110-glide
CORSA member since 1977
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. They should be read or retained only by the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the transmission from your system. In addition, in order to comply with Treasury Circular 230, we are required to inform you that unless we have specifically stated to the contrary in writing, any advice we provide in this email or any attachment concerning federal tax issues or submissions is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, to avoid federal tax penalties.