<VV> Membership

Jason Cesana jacesana1 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 2 20:20:41 EST 2014

I've read and read and read these responses to CORSA membership. It saddens
and quite frankly angers me as a former BOD member and past president. YES
there were some actions that I am not proud of and quite frankly if I had a
time machine I would go back and do different. But like all of you crap
talkers I am human and I made mistakes. However the majority of the time I
believe with all my being that I along with the other Board members put
CORSAs best interest first. You don't like it? Tough. Run for the board and
implement change. Easier said than done. We voted on the $3 non CORSA member
fee three years ago and the powers that be still have not seen it fit to
give the tools to accomplish this task for the chapters. You want change?
Then go out and do it instead of bitching on a forum that CORSA continues to
support for all the NON CORSA MEMBERS of VV. You want change? Try to get the
90% of the membership that doesn't vote to get interested in their
organization. Good luck with that one. For the years that I was on the BOD
and President my cell number was posted in the Communique. You know how many
calls I got from concerned members? ONE!!! Not very encouraging to a "young"
owner and member such as myself. Kind of made me feel like I was doing it
all for nothing. Perhaps I did. Perhaps I was the only one that gave a damn
about this whole thing. Perhaps it's easier to complain than to get
involved.

The decision to NOT allow non CORSA members into the conventions IN MY
OPINION is still the way to go. What, after all, is the incentive to join
CORSA if you can go to the biggest event they throw without being a member?
The Communique? I can get any information I want about the Corvair from the
web and members from my own chapter who are just as knowledgeable as anyone
on this list. I can buy any one of the repair books out there without CORSA.
So why do I still belong? I'll tell you why. THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!! I have made
some very good friends in this organization. I also believe that having a
central organization however imperfect is better than having a scattered
bunch of little clubs.

You know this little rant has opened my eyes to the fact that I will
probably NEVER run for the BOD again. Will not waste my time or blood
pressure on a group of people that would rather complain than help make
things better. I have health issues now that I didn't have before and I
don't need the added stress. I have probably angered some and quite frankly
I don't care. Perhaps I will care when CORSA members step up to the plate
and give a damn about CORSA and not only their narrow views.

Oh and YES I am still a CORSA member. Just renewed last month when it was
due.

Jason Cesana

1964 Monza Sedan

President Bay State Corvairs