<VV> Membership

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Mon Mar 3 15:04:36 EST 2014

and at least 5 said they didn't need a club! When I attempted to tell them
about CORSA they were not in the least interested.
>   Ed in Florida
Smitty Says;   I run into that a lot.  My name is listed as a contact for
our club on the website.  I get these calls often.  I need a gizrip for my
flugelmister on my Corvair.  (Me), Well if I can't help you maybe somebody
in the club can.  Do you know about our club.  Yeah I knew you existed but I
ain't got time for no club.  About that time I have to start clamping down
on my mouth to keep from letting him know how I feel about the arrogance of
somebody calling for my parts or my service when he doesn't have time to
mess with me.  As often as not it is engines.  Why in the hell should we
supply a valuable asset to somebody not in the community, even for money.
If I am going through a soft head period and help him out, then that is the
last I will hear from him till he calls and wants me to sell his car for
him.
Same goes for the non registered freeloaders in the hospitality rooms at the
conventions.  Where's your name tag.  Oh I'm not registered.  I just came to
see what's going on.  (as he scoffs up a sweet roll and a soda).
I can't touch on CORSA and VV members who are not members of CORSA without
offending a few who are good friends.  Just let me say you don't have to
love the board to support fellow Corvair owner members in the common goal of
camaraderie.