<VV> CONVENTION AND MEMBERSHIP

James Weppelman jweppel at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 3 20:10:47 EST 2014

Yinz guys,
The response and enthusiasm on this subject,whether its a bitch and moan,or positive reaction,really just shows that we ALL do care about this hobby.The past is the past,and that is exactly why we need to move foward.The jist of the matter seems to be the revenue stream to keep Corsa alive and kicking.Instead of dewling on the exclustivity of the "club", we need to be more open to whatever it is.(members,non-members,spectators,bod's)I suggest that with todays focus on the media (especially attractive to the younger crowd) that maybe something like a car donated to "overhalen", "fast and loud" or even "power block tv". With the intent to give it away to a veterns group or some other group that would deal with younger people.The ensuing exposure would be awsume. We need to get the corvair in front of people that know nothing about the car,let alone our group. Another way to increase revune could be to have a car raffle that would extend to the local chapters also.Say a $10,000 corvair sell 4000 tickets at $5 each,$10,000 profit. Yinz guys with Go- Pro camera's,or race videos, get them on u-tube or whatever. Car shows are great,but how about marketing some corvairs for movies,or promotional work(golf tournaments,beauty pagents,etc) No one really outside of owning or had a corvair knows nothing about them.It isnt like they make them any more.Just thinkin.
james weppelman :}
pittsburgh
52 years old,commercial tire sales
63 rag,spyder project
61 wagon coming home next week yea!
corsa member since walking in motel front door at Kalamazoo,after the concours event and parking lot tour.