<VV> CONVENTION and MEMBERSHIP

Kenneth Schifftner scrubbr at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 4 08:29:36 EST 2014

When working on a recent convention, various ideas were kicked around with the goal of boosting CORSA membership...and using the Convention as a lure.

One was to offer a one year introductory membership, say at $10.00, that includes the Convention.  The "newbie" would be issued an identifying lanyard or tag that showed they were...well..a CORSA newbie.  The person would be asked to write their name on the tag and the name of their local club...that way they'd be introduced to their "local" club...though they may be at a far away Convention.  The lanyard or tag would clearly identify them so that CORSA members could extend some hospitality and perhaps convince the newbie to fully join....plus a convention attendee from the "local" club shown on the tag could introduce themselves and recruit as well.

Linked to this concept is to have events open to the public when the public can attend...and be enticed to join.  To sustain and grow, we need to show our abilities not just to each other but to future members. Using the Convention as a magnet can be a powerful tool if properly used.

Ken Schifftner
CORSA
NJACE
SDCC