<VV> [Corsabod] Membership

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Tue Mar 4 09:17:21 EST 2014

I am not sure you understood the concept.

The point I was making was each and almost every Chapter has members that DO NOT belong to CORSA.  SOME of these non-CORSA members might be recruited!

It is called advertising!  To the best of my knowledge every Chapter has a newsletter that goes to every member in their Chapter.  Most of the editors are struggling to fill their pages.  CORSA needs to have someone write articles, maybe 4, 5, or 6 times per year and distribute each article to EVERY chapter editor.  The big deal here is EVERYONE receiving these ads have a direct interest in Corvairs.

These articles do not have to be long winded, in fact,  they should NOT be long winded … 1/4 to 1/2 page is enough.  The articles should be designed to show CORSA and non-CORSA members alike, reasons to be a member.  They should include activities and both short term and long term plans the BoD has for CORSA's future!  Mostly they need to peak the interest of the reader.

Please DO NOT send outdated copies of the Communique.  Editors most likely will not know which members are and are not also CORSA.  The valve of outdated material is just not worth cost and effort to mail.

Mark, I have been editor for many of the last 35 years.  I have made this request many times over that period.  I have forgotten when I last broached the subject but it might have been 5 or 6 years ago.  I finally threw in the towel.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
65 Monza 110hp 4 speed 2 door
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.