<VV> Walk thru and spectate....

rod murray rmurray8996 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 08:42:38 EST 2014

i was neither aware of nor interested in local clubs or CORSA when i bought
my 1st corvair in 2000.  simply put, i liked and could afford the car.
club membership followed more than 2 years later as i got to know some
other local corvair owners - i bought into the camaraderie, not the idea of
being in a club.  of course, i then dove in and got immersed in chapter
membership, newsletter editing, club webmaster, PR, etc...

IMO...

- Engagement always starts with the CORVAIRS themselves, then the owners,
then the local chapters, and finally CORSA.  "Sell the car, not the clubs."

- All engagement begins at the hands-on, local level.  Our Corvairs need to
be visible and accessible to non-Corvair owners.  That means we should be
driving them and happily acknowledging smiles and thumbs-up from other
drivers, talking with people who see us in parking lots, encouraging clubs
to create publicly-accessible parking corrals at local events and chapter
mtgs, etc.  Dispel myths.  Watch the smile on someone's face when you let
them sit behind the wheel.  Have a simple promotional flyer available in
your glovebox to hand someone.  Invite someone to go for a drive or join
you for your next Corvair event.  Offer your phone # or email in case
person may ever consider buying a Corvair.  The connection is a fun common
interest, friendly people you enjoy hanging out with, and a generally
affordable hobby car.  Everything club-related, be it local or national,
follows.

- Be it CORSA or any other product, anything resembling a high-pressure
sales pitch will drive anyone from a casual window-shopper to serious
customers away faster than any other method...the key to engagement and,
eventually, a sale, is a friendly handshake and helpful information that
answers questions and allows someone to weigh his options before making a
decision.   Teasers and incentives are great, but no one wants to be forced
to buy something.  If said person finds value, said person will opt-in.

just some thoughts...

Rod Murray
66 Monza convt and 64 greenbrier
CORSA & Corvanatics member