<VV> Membership and the BoD

Moore Gary and Helen hacoanews at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 23:36:37 EST 2014

I haven’t been around CORSA long, joined in 2006. I heard rumors at that time that CORSA was in financial troubles and the BoD going through some turmoil. The financial problems seem to lessen during the Jaime Reinhart administration and seems like the political turmoil lessen during Jason Cessana’s administration. Paul Sergeant has improved many things just by reminding people that they have a job to do, whether they have been elected or on the payroll.
      Last March I sought to revive the CORSA Chapter Outstanding Website Award. An award proposed by my friend Ned Madsen, during is stint on the board, and approved by the BoD in 2008. Unfortunately the turmoil caused Ned to give up his seat and without his guidance the award was shelved. I approach Paul Sergeant, at that time a near member of he BoD, he brought the matter to the attention of the board and in a week or two I had full approval. I thank Paul and the board for quickly acting on this so that the judging panel could be formed, the trophies could be made and the awards presented at Kalamazoo.
      Surf on over to the CORSA Chapter Locator and visit some of the chapter websites and see how many have improved over the past few months. The award is sought after by webmasters as much as the Tony Fiore Memorial Chapter Newsletter Award is sought after by newsletter editors.
      If nothing else Ned has one less thing to rant about.
Gary Moore

PS: If your chapter webmaster wants to learn more about the CCOWA please have him contact me at one of the email address below.

Gary and Helen Moore
Co-Editors
Heart of America Corvair Owners Association
VairCor newsletter
HacoaNews at gmail.com
Corvanatics
Corvan Antics newletter