<VV> 'Frankenstien' motor ideas

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Mar 5 14:29:37 EST 2014

On Mar 5, 2014, at 12:59 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:

> What would you get if you took a turbo engine and put 140
> heads on it? Is there any actual difference in the pistons
> between a turbo and 140?
> What kind of compression ratio would that yield?

Late model pistons are the same for all flat top applications, the CR changes are all in the heads so your 140 heads on turbo would yield 9:1 advertised CR.  The AIR (smog) engines had pop up pistons, those aren't compatible with closed chamber heads to my knowledge.

The engine on FB is a lot like an 80 or 95 (depending on it being a 145 or 164), especially if he swapped the distributor.  That was a pretty common setup in the 80's when a turbo went out.

--Bryan