<VV> CLUBS they need hard workers (2 cents ramblin)

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Mar 5 16:58:41 EST 2014

I have had good times with our local Corvair club over the years (40+) and
enjoyed the many benefits of CORSA also since about the same time. My wife
and I  used to make the conventions our main vacation every year for many
years, but  times change , and it is harder for us to attend most now.
 I have also supported the Ham radio version of CORSA , the American  Radio
Relay League for many years , reaping many hidden benefits including the
magazines. My "other" car club of interest is the Vintage Chevy Group. I
wonder  if watching some of their ways could help? Seems that they are very
successful ,  and have embraced the Corvairs now also. I feel there is room for
both clubs ,  and maybe ideas can be beneficial to revitalize CORSA?
Thinking negative , and  using the club for personal benefit has eroded it some
over the years.
 Time to think positive yet? we are all aging along with our cars ,  maybe
scholarships , or even  just talks at School mechanical shops would
interest younger people. Maybe even develop a standard program for local clubs  to
use at schools? display our cars like a portable museum powerpoint program
or  something.
Just my wore out 2 cents..we are in a similar situation with Amateur radio
worldwide.
I have done all I can to keep CORSA in front of Corvair owners , kind of
like our wonderful vendors...
That helps keep the value up on our cars.
http://corvair.de/n2vzd/
Regards, Tim Colson