<VV> Cracked piston and cracked head

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 18:09:23 EST 2014

James, welding aluminum has been done reliably in the aviation community
for some time. If the crack is only 1/4 inch deep, that is your best
option. However, its a mixed blessing to weld. Once you heat up that head
in a way that is different from its use as a head, none, some or all of the
machined surfaces may have moved out of alighment, and all need to be
checked for trueness before the head can go back on a car.

 Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho
62 Monza coupe Red/Red 4 speed