<VV> Cracked piston and cracked head

James Cuneo jamescuneo at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 11:41:00 EST 2014

Many of you may remember from last month my dilemma with #5 piston cracking for the third time using Hi-Tech pistons. Thank you for all of your advice. I finally had time to pull and tear down engine to confirm cracked piston. It is cracked just like the pistons before it. I have purchased a set of forged pistons. My new problem is the left side 140 head is cracked in the #4 position.While looking at the chamber from the cylinder side, the crack appears at the 9 o clock position, extending from the inside diameter of the bore to the expansion slot cut between the #2 and # 4 positions. The crack is 1/4 inch deep and does not extend down to the head gasket sealing surface. There is no evidence of leakage. Any advice on how to repair, I paid alot of $ to have deep seats, stainless valves, hi perf springs installed in these heads.Weld? stop drill? junk?Any advice on the head issue would be greatly appreciated.Jim Cuneo65 corsa  140 turboSonoma County CAjamescuneo at hotmail.com