<VV> Washing cars with hard water; Any advice?

Dave Leonard dave at arborlea.com
Sun Mar 9 23:13:01 EDT 2014

Me too.  Plumb your outside faucet into the water softener.  I struggled
with this for a while until I broke-down and plumbed-in a softener.  Problem
solved.  I don't know of anything else that will really help much.  It's
nearly impossible to get a car dried off without hard water spots on it if
you have serious calcium in your water.  I suppose you could use some
jet-dry along with some commercial water softener additive like Calgon.  I
haven't tried it for washing the car, but I know Calgon does wonders for
hard water in other applications.  Worth a shot if the connection to the
softener is too much trouble.

Dave