<VV> Fuel gage not working.

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Mar 10 23:18:37 EDT 2014

Hi, I've been daily driving for a week now in Lisa my 1964 Coupe. Awesome.
The fuel  gauge reads empty but the tank is full. How to trouble shoot
this? Is there a fuse? -- IV

Corvair  fuel gauges work opposite of most....

1  in your case the float may have fallen off the arm or sprung a leak and sunk to the bottom.

2    Get under the right front of your car and pull the wire OFF the sending unit at the tank..

Turn key to ON  and gauge should read  over the full mark...   if so...you must drain the tank and remove sender.

If not.... get back to us with results.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio