<VV> 64 coupe weak acceleration.

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Mar 12 10:05:09 EDT 2014

The 'get it running' often involves a tune up and carb rebuild.  A 'rebuild' is usually just take it apart and reassemble, but I like to replace the throttle shafts, they are usually worn and new ones make it much easier to set the idle.  When you clean the carbs spray a shot of cleaner down the idle passage under the cluster with the mixture screw in place.  I was cleaning them with the screw removed and discovered that I wasn't getting the passage clean because the carb cleaner could escape through the screw hole.

--Bryan