<VV> a couple of questions...

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Mar 21 13:21:23 EDT 2014

On Mar 21, 2014, at 12:49 PM, Kinzelman, Andy wrote:

> 2 - Is the factory cam for a 110 & a 140 the same; or close enough (140 heads on a 110 short block)?

Yep, both use the 891 cam.  However, as I recall the 304 cam was the parts dept replacement after some date for the 140, so if you find one that way don't be surprised.  In addition to the heads, the distributor is different for the 140 and it makes a big difference having the correct one.  The other changes to the engine (cooler, crank and clutch) were for longevity, I'd suggest an upgraded oil cooler if you're going to drive it briskly much.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell | Springfield, Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150