<VV> old gas

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Mar 24 13:38:37 EDT 2014

No set rule. I've had gasoline go bad in 6 months to where the car would
not start or run after starting with ether. I've had several year old gas
still run engines. Maybe not full power, but operationaly OK with no gummed
up parts. I've had unknown year gas stick the intake valves on my FC van
(where I used to pour old gas to burn it up). Note, always just add small
amounts of old gas into a car to get rid of it.

Draining is ALWAYS the best course of action. How else do you think I ended
up with old gas to pour in my van? Warning, see note above... Disposing of
the old gas is not easy in some places if you follow the rules hence my
burining it in another vehicle.

As far as gumming the carbs, that has already happened if the gas in in a
gummy state, unless the bowls were emptied first (like running the car out
of fuel before storage, like I do my electrical generator).

Frank DuVal

Original email: