<VV> Olds/Buick V8 in Corvair

clynn66 at bigpond.net.au clynn66 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 26 05:24:08 EDT 2014

Not sure if you are aware but the engines Brabham used to win Formula 1 title in 1966 and 1967 used an Olds V8 block with Repco single overhead cam heads. If you could get hold of some of those heads you would just about have a Formula1 engine in your Corvairs. I saw a couple of the heads in Perth about 12 months ago but they are very hard to get hold of. The engines Brabham used were sleeved to 3 litres for F1 and 4.2 litres for Indianapolis. Brabham went to twin cam heads in 1968 and I think the 1968 block was quite different to the Olds.
Colin LYNN      Member 28299
Perth West Australia