<VV> Information request

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 26 05:53:24 EDT 2014

For the sake of this conversation, I’m first going to ask that everybody please post privately ONLY to ME directly, at airvair at earthlink.net and keep this subject off the net. I’m posting this question simply because I am intensely curious as to the membership’s experiences with the use of the flat, die-cut LM turn signal housing-to-body foam gasket (part #C4015) that Clark’s has been selling for well over 20 years.

Truth is, for the life of me, I cannot understand how anybody could get it to work. I’m an engineer and designer by nature, and I understand exactly how the original molded gasket was meant to work. The housing is designed so that it requires a molded-to-fit gasket, and not a flat gasket. So I’d like to know what everybody’s experiences have been in using the flat gasket, good, bad, or otherwise. Because I just don’t understand it.

-Mark