Wrist pins

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 17:33:24 EDT 2014

 I'm having an engine being assembled. Pistons and rods balanced and fitted to +.060 cylinders. Problem is that according to the machinist, the wrist pin fit to the rods is not tight enough in his opinion. The machinist has done Norm Latullips and Norm and I met last night and we agreed the current stash of used wrist pins seem to be closer to .7995 to .7997.

 This being verified with both our micrometers. Our solution is to use .812 pins and open up the piston and rods to the appropriate size for a positive interference fit.  Anybody have a better solution? What do you do?

 This for a bit modified 140 going into my Fitch which will not be beat upon.  I just don't want to ever take this engine apart again.