<VV> [SCG] Fisher 4 speed option code

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu May 15 16:43:45 EDT 2014

Not sure what the original message was, but it could refer to the
possibility that Fisher supplied the shift lever in the car, either nailed
down or loose, wouldn't matter. They did such things as supplied the front
carpet, loose, since Chevy needed access to the toeboard hole in order to
run some of the cables, wires, etc. that come up through it. Then the Chevy
people would finish installing the carpet at the appropriate time, after
they were done doing what they needed to do.

The lever was chrome on 4 speed cars, painted black on 3 speed cars, even if
it was a top of the line car like the Corsa. Hence the need to distinguish
the two on the build sheet (and body tag).

-Mark