<VV> Starter with bad spot on armature?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun May 18 19:56:00 EDT 2014

I have a starter that stopped working, I took if off the car, and it did turn
over. I tried it a few times, then it stopped again. I turned the armature and
it started working again. I tried it a few more times, and it stopped again. Is
there a bad spot on the armature? I would not think it was in the field coils
because it does work sometime. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Ken Overby

 Correct... dead spot on the armature...  local rebuilder will have a "Growler"  to test it.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages