<VV> [fastvair] Jefferson 500 at Summit Point Raceway this past weekend, 15-18 May 2014

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Mon May 19 09:05:49 EDT 2014

Back when, our "grocery getter" long push rod engines were treated as less than 2.5L. Turns out the car weight, size (it is a brick pushing thru the air compared to much smaller competitors like MGBs, TR 4 & 6, Porches, etc.), and expected engine output were all factors. So they allowed us into the classification. One of Dave Edsinger's cars raced in the series at Marlboro Racetrack (off Rt 301 in Marlboro MD). Maybe at other venues, too. I don't know.
Dave raced with them this weekend. I could have also but chose not to.

Chuck