<VV> PG malfunctioning

Kinzelman, Andy akinzelm at greatnortherncorp.com
Mon May 19 10:57:10 EDT 2014

Guys,
A guy in town has some PG problems; I want to solicit opinions.  The paragraph below is in his words; I have not seen the car since his return - but going to try to help him get it back on the road.  Looking for any recommendations or advice.
Thanks,
Andy K.
Wisconsin

I drove the car 250 miles to Cedar Rapids.  Around Dubuque, IA the transmission started a to whine.  Not loud, just constant.  I at first thought it was tires on the pavement, but it was the transmission.  I stopped and checked the fluid.  It was OK.  I drove the last 70 miles to Cedar Rapids and all was fine...just the whine.
I drove around CR for a couple of days with no problems.  On the third day I put the car in reverse...first time since I got to town...no reverse.  Forward...fine reverse, nope.  I did not put the car in low as I did not want to test my luck on the road.  The guy from the local Corvair Club thought I should be able to make it home...not fast just go.  Except for breaking the fan belt 30 miles from home it ran OK...whined, and I checked the fluid when I got gas.  No loss.  However the oil was low.  We had fixed all the leaks and there were no oil spots on my garage floor for 7 months.  Now it rains oil.