<VV> Virginia Vair Fair

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Mon May 19 14:35:06 EDT 2014

Another VairFair slides into history.  Our little ole tired club pulled it off with with all its parts working well.  The theme was celebrating the year of the 64 as that model attained 50 years of age.  One idea we stole from another club was using NAPA Gold oil filters as trophies which were emblazoned with decals of the show logo and standing in class.  I’d be interested in comments on how that idea is received by VVrs.  As a part of a tour of local sites, some caravanned to Naval Air Station Oceana to see the collection of vintage fighters and attack bombers dating back to the end of WW2 which are set up inside the gates.  That was a little special because security to get on the base is awesome and most civilians don’t get to see the collection.  Virginia beach has a lot of sights to offer if you can find your way through the tourists.                  Smitty