<VV> Topic: Odd noise and pressure plate

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed May 21 16:37:25 EDT 2014

When I read the starting message of this thread, I wondered whether the
clutch disc was installed in this motor. With the clutch disc installed and
aligned, it should be balanced, if the flywheel is still has tight rivets or
has  been bolted. So, if the engine was built up, before putting it on the
stand, was  the centering tool used to align the disc? Even if done during
assembly, there  is nothing but the clamping force of the pressure plate to
keep it there, now  that the input shaft or alignment tool was removed.

-Seth

In a message dated 5/21/2014 12:46:41 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,