<VV> Topic: Odd noise and pressure plate

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Wed May 21 17:07:58 EDT 2014

hen the car is in gear, the fingers on the pressure plate aren't touching anything.  Yet as I drive the car, there is a very pronounced knocking noise.  The balancer has not slipped.  All bearings were measured and correct bearings installed.  Ring gap measured correctly.  Entire assembly---crank, pressure plate and flywheel --balanced.  Engine torn down twice but nothing found.  Engine vibrates badly.  Pulls like crazy.  No smoke.  I'm bewildered and frustrated.