<VV> Starter with bad spot on armature?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Thu May 22 22:17:56 EDT 2014

I win!

This should erase some of those wrong answers...

Frank

On 5/22/2014 7:39 PM, Kenneth Overby via VirtualVairs wrote:
> The brushes were very worn. The screws for the brushes just missed hitting the
armature. I put it together with better brushes and it works with no issues,
Time to put it back in the buggy.

> Thanks for the help.
>
> Ken Overby

Even though it works now...and will probably last a long time....normally worn brushed  just stop working.

This just shows the commutator is worn / out of round....

Hopefully Ken cleaned the Micarda  between the copper segments...  makes it more powerful...

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages