<VV> Bell housings

Lon Anderson lonzovair at aol.com
Thu May 29 09:28:26 EDT 2014

Harry,
I believe it is because on the "typical" GM engines, the starter is on the same side as the engine. On the Corvair there is no room for a starter on the engine side, so they put it on the opposite side where there was room (until they installed the :direct air" heater)...
Seems logical....
;-)
Later,
Lonzo in Kaintuck