<VV> Getting stranded in a Corvair

Bob bgilbert at gilberts-bc.ca
Sat Nov 1 15:40:32 EDT 2014

Hi,
My .02...
I consider myself a true Corvair guy, having had Corvairs since 69. Back in
the day I would have and did undertake long distance trips in Corvairs. Back
then I'd think nothing of replacing a wheel bearing in a parking lot in
pouring rain, etc. etc. Today, at a month shy of 65 with back issues - not
so much.
It's a simple as that - age is taking its toll on my desire and ability to
fix repairs on the road. I still enjoy the Corvairs but the maximum I'll go
today in my Corsa or UltraVan is a few hundred miles and if something
breaks, I'll get it towed home and fix it in the garage at my leisure.
Regards,
Bob