<VV> Getting Stranded

hank kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sun Nov 2 10:34:36 EST 2014

I think that Smitty could write a best seller (at least in the Corvair
Community) of a book relating some of his experiences being stranded.
Having known Smitty for over 25 years, and having been a member of his CORSA
chapter for almost 10, I don't even begin to profess I know about all of his
adventures.  The ones I do know about make for great reading.  They're not
"Story telling" as they aren't stories---they actually happened.

And I can attest that the reason Smitty has had these adventures isn't
because he isn't a good Corvair wrench, or because he doesn't maintain his
cars as should be done.  He's forgotten more than I know, and as he
says....he DRIVES his Corvairs.  How many of us would say "Let's take the
Corvair and go to Alaska".   Or hitch up your travel trailer in VA and drive
to New Mexico or Arizona!  Most of us don't even consider these things.  But
Smitty does.

If he puts together a compilation,  I know I'd buy one.

HANK